Pontoon | RTG
You are dealt two cards face up and the dealer is dealt two cards face down. The goal is to get closer to 21 than the dealer without going over 21.
A “Pontoon” is a hand that totals 21 with two cards. A total of 21 with three or more cards is not considered Pontoon. A Pontoon is ranked higher than all other hands. The second, highest-ranking hand is a Five-Card Trick (a hand of five cards totaling 21 points or less).
Pontoon is available at the following casinos
In Pontoon, you are dealt two cards face up and the dealer is dealt two cards face down. The goal of Pontoon is to get closer to 21 points than the dealer without going over 21 points.
A “Pontoon” is a hand that totals 21 points with two cards. A total of 21 points with three or more cards is not considered Pontoon. A Pontoon is ranked higher than all other hands. The second, highest-ranking hand is a Five-Card Trick. A Five-Card Trick is a hand of five cards totaling 21 points or less.
- Cards 2 through 10 = face value
- Face Cards = 10 points
- Aces = 1 point or 11 points, whichever makes a better hand
Example: 6 + Ace = 7 points or 17 points
- Click chips to place a bet within table limits or click Rebet
- Click Deal
- Click Hit, Stand, Double, or Split
- Continue to click Hit until you Stand, Double, bust, or until the dealer busts
Hitting – You can hit up to five times.
Standing – You must have five cards or a total of 15 points to Stand.
Doubling – You can only double one time on the same hand.
Splitting – You can split any pair. When you split, you must place an additional bet on the new hand that is equal to your ante. You can continue to hit for each hand. A two-card hand totaling 21 after splitting aces is considered Pontoon. You can play up to three hands at once.
To Win (meet one)
- Your hand is closer to 21 points than the dealer’s hand and does not exceed 21 points.
- The dealer’s hand exceeds 21 points while your hand does not exceed 21 points.
IMPORTANT – Dealer wins all ties.
How the Dealer Plays
- Dealer Hits on any hard total of 16 or less
- Dealer Stands on any hard total of 17 or more
- Dealer Hits on any soft total of 17 or less
- Dealer Stands on any soft total of 18 or more
- Dealer Stands on a 5-card hand with any total
- Switch to Real Money – When available in FUN mode, click Switch to Real Money to play with real money.
- Balance – The balance is the amount of money available in your account. You can use your balance to place bets.
- Cashier – Click Cashier to deposit money, withdraw money, or review past transactions.
- Menu – Click Menu to open the menu and access Player Options and History.
- Player Options – Click Player Options to turn full screen mode on and off, adjust the volume, turn dealer voices on and off when available, adjust card speed, and configure Autoplay options.
- Help – Click Help to open the help page for the game.
- Back – Click Back to close the game and return to the casino lobby.
Rules – The Rules tab expands to display game rules, payouts, and dealer actions where applicable.