Baccarat (Baccara) | RTG
Two cards are dealt to the Player and two to the Banker.
Goal: predict which hand will score closest to 9. You can bet on the Player, on the Banker, or on a Tie.
A hand of 8 or 9 is a natural and wins, unless there is a tie. If both hands have a natural, the one with the highest value wins. If both hands have naturals of equal value; your bet is pushed back. 3rd card dealt if no natural.
Values: 2-9 = face value; 10’s and Face = 0, Aces = 1
In Baccarat, two cards are dealt to the Player hand and two to the Banker hand. You are not the “Player.” The Player is just one hand on which you can bet. The goal of Baccarat is to predict which hand will score closest to nine points. You can bet on the Player hand, on the Banker hand, or on a Tie.
A hand of eight or nine points is considered a natural and automatically wins, unless there is a tie. If both hands have a natural, the hand with the highest point value wins. However, if you bet on the Banker or Player hand and both hands have naturals of equal point value, your bet is pushed back to you.
In the event that neither hand has a natural, each hand is dealt a third card according to rules governing how the Player and Banker hands are dealt. Please see rules below.
Cards 2 through 9 = face value
10’s and Face Cards = 0 points
Aces = 1 point
Add the values of all cards together. If the value of the cards is greater than 9 points, drop the digit in the tens position.
For example: 21 – digit in tens position = 1 point
- Click Player, Banker, or Tie in the middle of the game table to select which hand to bet on or click Rebet and skip to step 3
- Click chips to place a bet within table limits
- Click Deal
- You bet on the hand that has a higher point value and does not tie with the other hand.
- You bet on a Tie and the Banker and Player hand tie.
How the Game is Played
Important – In the casino software, cards will be automatically dealt according to the rules governing how the Player and Banker hands are dealt. See rules below.
- You place a bet on the Player, Banker, or on a Tie
- The Player and Banker are each dealt two cards
- If either hand has a natural, that hand automatically wins, unless there is a tie. (In a tie between two naturals, the highest point value wins. If both naturals are equal, you push on Banker and Player bets and win on Tie bets.)
- The Player draws a third card or stands according to the rules below
- The Banker draws a third card or stands according to the rules below
- The two hands are compared to determine the winner
- Switch to Real Money – When available in FUN mode, click Switch to Real Money to play with real money.
- Balance – The balance is the amount of money available in your account. You can use your balance to place bets.
- Cashier – Click Cashier to deposit money, withdraw money, or review past transactions.
- Menu – Click Menu to open the menu and access Player Options.
- Player Options – Click Player Options to turn full screen mode on and off, adjust the volume, turn dealer voices on and off when available, adjust card speed, and configure Autoplay options.
- Help – Click Help to open the help page for the game.
- Back – Click Back to close the game and return to the casino lobby.
History – The History tab expands to display hand history for Baccarat.